Simply – the ultimate in PortCentrics, a tri-modal logistics platform.
- Primary trunk road savings – minimisation of the primary trunk move from port of entry to the customer’s warehouse
- Secondary distribution road savings – significant reduction in secondary distribution by locating distribution centres at London Gateway to service the London and South East consumer markets
- Local cartage/shunt savings – faster and lower cost of movement of containers on dedicated private roads linking the port and the park
- Rail terminals in both the port and the park provide the option to move goods by rail, and the ability to provide rail served buildings.
- Feeder vessels provide the option of transporting goods to other locations around the UK, Ireland and continental Europe
- The complimentary facilities at Tilbury, with its predominantly North-South deep-sea routes, short sea services to Continental Europe and Ireland, and Ro-Ro Ferry services to Continental Europe provided by P&O Ferries (a DP World sister Company) only 8 miles from London Gateway further enhances the options and offering for customers and occupiers of London Gateway
- De-stocking of the supply chain providing reduced time to market and reducing inventories in transit.
- Overweight containers – private access between the port and the park allows containers to exceed UK road weight restrictions
- The environmental benefits of the offering, in terms of transport emissions due to distances saved and optional modes of transport provided by rail and feeder vessels, along with modern more economic and environmentally friendly buildings will reduce transport and other operational costs, and CO2.